The contextual analysis arrangement depends on the marking procedure of Unilever, which changed after the year 2000. The organization had been working with a few brands, in a few topographical regions. The organization understood that this methodology was coming about into an aimless picture of the organization because of decentralization. The organization chose to lessen its number of brands, and select some of its brands as "Ace brands". The case spins around how this adjustment in technique influenced the situating of "Bird". The case and its inquiries address the impacts of this adjustment in system, and what dangers or favorable circumstances the organization could have because of this advancement.
1. Why does Unilever want fewer brands?
2. What was Dove‟s market positioning in the 1950s? What is its positioning in 2007?
3. How did Unilever organize its product category and brand management activities before 2000? What is the corresponding structure post-2000?
4. How was brand meaning controlled prior to 2000, and how is it controlled at the time of the case? What are the risks and rewards of its strategy?
5. What are people saying about Dove today? (You will need to go online and search blogs to answer this question.)
6. Do you see risks for the Dove brand today?