Jim McDowell, VP of advertising at BMW North America, is debating how to catch up the achievement of his most recent promoting effort, "BMWFilms." This crusade highlights five short movies for the Internet, coordinated by a portion of the most blazing youthful chiefs in Hollywood. By all signs, the nontraditional crusade has been a colossal achievement. Presently the question is, the thing that to accomplish for a reprise?
1. Was the BMWFilms idea a good one?How successful has the campaign been?
2. What was the motivation behind the idea? Who was the target market for the BMWFilms campaign?
3. Describe the typical North American BMW customer. How does BMW’s U.S. customer base compare to that of its competitors?
4. How healthy is the BMW brand in North America, relative to previous years? What (if any) are the current weaknesses in the BMW brand? What do you make of BMW’s growth strategy?
5. What should McDowell do? Which option should he pick?