Japanese business sector is the most reasonable spot for outside venture as the economy is fit as a fiddle. A considerable lot of the gainful running organizations of US are pulled in towards Japanese market, however the stringent regulations forestall new contestants ensuring the neighborhood toy shop proprietors. Be that as it may, time has changed, and regulations are getting to be casual empowering Toys R Us, a toy organization of US, go into the Japanese market with its remarkable upper hand. Toys R Us has been a risk to the little shop proprietors which are socially associated with the general population of Japan. The organization needs a solid collusion and focused methodology with a specific end goal to lead the Japanese toy market.
1. Was Japan an attractive market for Toys R Us? Do you think there were any cultural obstacles to product acceptance? Strong competitors?
2. What were the entry barriers into Japan? Any culturally based barriers, in terms of how to do business?
3. How did Toys R Us manage to cross the entry barriers into Japan? What alternative modes of entry could have been tried?
4. What were the problems in transferring Toys R Us competitive advantages to a foreign market?Why did Toys R Us internalize the firm specific advantages rather than license another retailer abroad?
5. Were the company executives in Japan too optimistic in their assessment of competitors in Japan? What should their future strategy be?