3M is thought to be an organization working its way through imagination and advancements. Its key components incorporate business, representative flexibility, and evasion from doctoral practices. Testing and enhancing are the center estimations of the organization which have transformed into convictions after some time. Innovative work are thought to be the most critical bureau of 3M. Caring for the necessities of the clients has assumed a vital part in the advancement of a culture that supports experimentation, singular business enterprise and responsiveness to the market. Notwithstanding, the reasoning of develop and partition is being taken after to keep up the way of life of inventiveness. Buckley and McNerny's inverse perspective of running the organization had their own particular advantages and burdens.
1. What are the key elements of 3M’s vaunted innovation culture?
2. What are the core values underlying the 3M culture?
3. How did this culture come about? How is it maintained?
4. What is your assessment of McNerney’s actions described in the Fortune article, directed toward providing discipline to 3M’s innovation efforts?
5. What is the challenge facing Buckley, as described in the Business Week article? What should he do about the tension between efficiency and creativity?