The explanation behind the presentation of JITD was based on the demand. This is only the icy mass' tip, and there are numerous explanations behind these vacillations. One of the critical explanations behind the vacillation sought after was determining issues in the interest of the wholesalers as the needed specialized aptitudes to foresee request. The merchants, as well as, Barilla itself needs logistic predominance creating an increment in lead time. It supplies the items to merchants with a normal lead time of 10 days in the wake of getting the requests. This lead time is entirely yearn for interest to change. Another conceivable reason for variance is the substantial number of SKUs as, just their dry items were offered in more than 800 SKUs. More the SKUs are more is the unpredictability
- Diagnose the underlying cause of the difficulties that the JITD program was created to solve. What are the benefits and drawbacks of this program?
- What conflicts or barriers internal to Barilla does the JITD program create? What causes these conflicts? As Giorgio Magggiali, how would you deal with these?
- As one of Barilla’s customers, what would your response to JITD be? Why?
- In the Environment in which Barilla operated in 1990, do you believe JITD (or a similar kind of program) would be feasible? Effective? If so, which customers would you target next? How would you convince them that the JITD program was worth trying? If not, what alternatives would you suggest to combat some of the difficulties that Barilla’s operating system faces?
- Suggest a web/online strategy for the firm.